New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

A Tail of Two Dragons (Part 2) by Astrodragon

More
30 Jan 2024 01:01 #3323 by DanZilla
This weeks release is "A Tail of Two Dragons (Part 2)" by Astrodragon and it can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation.

A Tail of Two Dragons (Part 2)

The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, mhalpern, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2024 02:55 #3325 by mhalpern
Warning: Spoiler!

Of course she did...

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
30 Jan 2024 03:44 #3326 by mhalpern
Good thing Brita doesn't know about their bond, wouldn't surprise me if that not only would stop her influence but possibly cause a backfire, even if its only by alerting to what she's doing

More
30 Jan 2024 04:29 #3328 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

A Tale of Two Dragons Part 2 comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, mhalpern

More
30 Jan 2024 07:35 - 30 Jan 2024 07:36 #3331 by Astrodragon
Thank you for the comments really.

Monday 5th December, evening, Crystal Hall

Aww, Thulia and Morgana finally get to snuggle together. Bwahaha, I knew Imp could do something like that with the gargoyles. [/quote]
I just couldn't resist that

Warning from Bianca about the creep and his vendetta against her, he better not try and hurt Morgana badly just because she is Bianca's friend and roommate. Sweet innocent frosh, yeah, right. Thulia doesn't know what a cage fight is, what kind of fights do they have on the plane of fire?

Thulia's training at school was far more to deal with dangerous creatures than people/dragons. Combat training is more a sport, like martial arts.

Bianca having to remind Thulia what happens in the combat finals stays in the combat finals. Tanya bet $100 on Morgana, and Bianca bet $250, I wonder what the odds are on Morgana.

She got about 3:1. The bookies didnt realise her foot injury in her earlier fight was sheer bad luck and circumstances, so they marked her squishiness down. They also knew she didnt have the toughest combat outfit.

Nice sleep spell, always great to see non-lethal options used.

Dang, if Gideon wasn't a jerk to Bianca he could be a great ally. A ball bearing into a dangerous projectile. Then Morgana with the gravity spell, these two would be a dangerous pair if they could keep getting along.

Given someone to run interference for them, a mage is very dangerous in a fight. Which is why people keep taking them out early...

The idiot grabbed her braid, and she sent fire into it, he should have seen that coming if he was as smart as he thinks he is.

The hair makes such a perfect target, just the sort of mistake a rookie frosh would make. Not as if it cost her anything

[quote The incident in Phoenix, hhm. [/quote] It's still very secret, on a need to know basis.

If he doesn't have holdouts to compensate for his weaknesses including one to give him a ranged attack then he has learned little in his time at Whateley. Agree to cooperate, Erica, you sweet summer child.

Not true that no German has a sense of humour

A spell to put her face in permanent shadows, now that is a great disguise. No fire or lightning-based spells, no fire hair, boy, they really want Thulia to learn how to deal with a hostile environment.

They do. Apart from preserving the Arena, its a lesson they see her as needing to know. They dont know she has some experience of hostile environments. (remember Ultima Thule)

6:1 for Thulia, those bookies have no idea what they have done, Morgana, with $200 on Thulia is going to make a killing. [/qoute]
The bookies don't have too much info on Thulia, they can see shes fighting an experienced brick with the scene set against her known powers.

Large rats and now a zombie, oh brother, the techies made this a horror scenario in the sewers. Several attacks and Thulia knows to aim for the head now, wondering if decapitation would work as well. They have got to show Thulia some more movies and media of Earth.

Thulia has no idea about human zombie movies. They would make good sewer workers for Whateley, mind...

Brita thinks the groin shot was dramatic even by Amazon standards, huh. Ugh, thinking of Morgana as a ladyboy, you are a bigot. Oh, you are going to try and separate Morgana and Thulia, you must have a death wish, Brita.

No, she's just going to need a bigger crowbar...

4 weeks of detention when he gets out of Doyle. Push the button, push the button.

Push the Button, Max.

Monday 19th December Bianca and Morgan’s room, early morning.

Morgana is right, academic scores are more important than the combat finals, despite what some might think. Practicals for Magic, this is going to be fun. Ouch, just how many languages are you planning on learning while at Whateley, Morgana?

Mages traditionally have to learn a lot of languages, but Morgana finds that boring. There is a new one she will be starting on soon, all will be revealed
Last edit: 30 Jan 2024 07:36 by Astrodragon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
30 Jan 2024 09:54 #3332 by mhalpern
I suspect Morgana will be trying to learn the Dragon language

More
30 Jan 2024 09:57 #3333 by Astrodragon

I suspect Morgana will be trying to learn the Dragon language

She does have an advantage, she can pronounce it. A normal human has issues with some of the sounds

More
30 Jan 2024 12:23 #3334 by Astrodragon

Good thing Brita doesn't know about their bond, wouldn't surprise me if that not only would stop her influence but possibly cause a backfire, even if its only by alerting to what she's doing

Hmm, the bond wouln't do that. Maybe I should go into more detail into what it does and doesn't do?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, mhalpern

More
30 Jan 2024 13:27 #3335 by mhalpern

Hmm, the bond wouln't do that. Maybe I should go into more detail into what it does and doesn't do?

even so it's not like Brita can tell her things she doesn't already know and she has no cultural reference on Thulia to work with.

More
30 Jan 2024 14:43 #3336 by mhalpern
so if I'm doing my guestimating right, between their winnings on both these combat finals alone they likely have the cleaning fees covered though that's not counting the holdouts expended.

More
30 Jan 2024 14:48 #3337 by Astrodragon

so if I'm doing my guestimating right, between their winnings on both these combat finals alone they likely have the cleaning fees covered though that's not counting the holdouts expended.

plus a nice dinner for the two dragongirls.

Shame on you, assuming the girls beat people up just for filthy lucre...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer, mhalpern

More
30 Jan 2024 15:48 #3338 by mhalpern

plus a nice dinner for the two dragongirls.

Not at all they beat people up for their grades, if others underestimate them with money on the line, who are they not to leverage that error?

More
30 Jan 2024 19:16 #3340 by null0trooper

Of course not! We assume the money's carefully laundered first.

Not at all they beat people up for their grades, if others underestimate them with money on the line, who are they not to leverage that error?

So far, it's AJ and Tyler making bank, followed by Twitch.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion

More
30 Jan 2024 20:06 #3343 by Astrodragon

Of course not! We assume the money's carefully laundered first.

So far, it's AJ and Tyler making bank, followed by Twitch.

And smokey. I'm sure he bet on the dragons. Can you see Esquires face on seeing smokey counting his winning?

More
30 Jan 2024 20:58 - 30 Jan 2024 21:11 #3344 by null0trooper
Last edit: 30 Jan 2024 21:11 by null0trooper.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds