New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This section is for Second Generation stories, predominantly from the student body from Fall of 2016 to Spring of 2020.

Icejack 2: Back to School by Null0trooper

More
12 Sep 2023 00:00 #3048 by DanZilla
Icejack 2: Back to School can be found in the Gen 2 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Icejack 2: Back to School
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2023 04:57 #3049 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Icejack 2: Back to School comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper

More
12 Sep 2023 06:15 #3050 by null0trooper

Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story.

Thank you!

Holloman AFB, "Home of the Fightin' 49ers", NM.

Agent Resnick warns Kent Holloway not to take off his sunglasses until the plane is in the air, must have some GSD for his eyes to have to remain hidden like this.

If Kent were living just about anywhere else, say... more than 100 miles from Roswell, having eyes like one of the Grays wouldn't be so much of a problem. Sure, it's mean, but I think he's up to the challenge.

Peter and Max Livingston as lab partners... Please don't let them create some biological monstrosity.

It's only first-year bio and Petshop is not in this class.

Get Bianca to join the Bad Seeds training team, Magic 8-ball says the Odds are Low.

Yeah, but it's nice to have dreams. :)

Mr. Shane seems less and less like a person who should be working with teenagers.

Let's just say that his training session with Team Kimba didn't leave me impressed.

Benjamin, how do you know it isn't you Peter is dreaming about right now?

It's the Hedgehog's Dilemma, in a sense. What Benjamin wants doesn't always intersect what Benjamin thinks he can allow himself to want. Besides, they just met.

Aww, shy about embarrassing himself even over the phone with Benjamin. Calls to check on Benjamin and it is Peter he is worried about, these two need to have a long chat soon. Seesh, Peter is dealing with way too much for a kid his age.

Peter isn't immune to his own pheromones. For a 15-y.o. guy, that can be plenty *ahem* embarrassing.

Just this once, I want to ask Max and Yuki how many times Benjamin has been seriously hurt on a job.

At least once more than they know of, and Sahar isn't telling on him.

Aww, your default form can't be that bad, Peter.

For our world, it's just a couple of rare birth defects or exotic body mods.
For Arkham, it's pretty close to what passes for normal.
For a young kid going to school in DC (and other places), it can be a burden.

Icejack.

Getting everyone to clear out before security shows up, Peter has experience in dealing with this kind of chaos.

Chaos... You mean Benjamin with a plan?

Monday morning, November 21, 2016,
Poe Cottage.

Kent Holloway has to rush to make it to a freshman-only Assembly. A history lesson on all those people including Mrs. Carson. MID cars reissued for all freshmen, what happened to need this?

This is the same annual Assembly mentioned in Heather's "To The Mountain, Part 2" and Diane's "Ayla and the Tests, Ch. 8"

A Letter to Garcia, they based all this on that classic. Dang, that is a deep dig.

I read about it in a USNI Proceedings article when I was in college. Thanks for noticing!

A fun story showing how Peter got back to Whateley for his 2nd year, life with his fellow students and various classes, and how he met Benjamin. The team he was put on wasn't what Peter expected, but with them all working together I bet they will show they are a strong team. And the combat final, that one was a doozy, they are trying to force students to think outside of their powers and the typical solutions. I hope we get to see Peter and his teammates more in the future along with Benjamin actually staying at Whateley so they can interact more.

Thank you very much for the kind comments! I think you can tell that some of us had ourselves some fun with the annual Weapons Faire. Considering how many incoming students have been abducted or nearly abducted, I'm hoping for an engaging "Special Topics - Theory and Practice of the Escape" class this Winter.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
15 Sep 2023 18:05 #3054 by Mister D
Only partway through and some of the lines are delicious. :D

"Seeing Peter's haphazard collection of notes and stuff, precariously held together by a clipboard, Cam pulled out a notepad and pen and quietly hoped that disorganization wasn't contagious."

This me! :D

More
16 Sep 2023 20:13 #3056 by Schol-R-LEA
Does Team 6502 have a 40-pin DIP marked "MOS" as their team logo?

More
16 Sep 2023 21:42 #3057 by null0trooper

Does Team 6502 have a 40-pin DIP marked "MOS" as their team logo?

Only if Molly takes the time to explain the Stone Age technologies involved.

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Schol-R-LEA

More
18 Sep 2023 18:48 #3058 by Schol-R-LEA
Fair enough, that.

As for Kent's little adventure, it brings to mind a micro that I wrote years ago in the format of being part of Eldritch's history of EQUALIZER, in which it is said that MAJESTIC (aka the MiBs) had been sort of the laughingstock of the deep-cover world, because invariably they arrived too late to do anything more than conduct interviews. I also postulated the existence of another combat group, AEGIS, which existed to deal with demonic/extra-dimensional threats. In my narrative, AEGIS was used as the training cadre for EQUALIZER, while MAJESTIC became the intelligence service.

I think I like your version better, so far. Especially given that it is, you know, canon.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds