New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Stories about the Original Timeline (which runs from Fall 2006 to Spring 2010) can be found here. Also in the OT are those stories that are outside the main time frame set for them but whose protagonists are part of the student body during this time.

ElectroCute 2: 2 Cute, 2 Furry-ous by Amethyst

More
23 Apr 2024 00:00 #3471 by DanZilla
ElectroCute 2: 2 Cute, 2 Furry-ous can be found in the Gen 1 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation.

ElectroCute 2: 2 Cute, 2 Furry-ous
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2024 01:37 #3472 by Naldru
When I first read this story, I was reminded of the TinyToons episode "Going Up" ( tinytoons.wikia.com/wiki/What_Makes_Toons_Tick ) in which a robber takes Plucky Duck hostage and suffers serious injury when Plucky decides to play with the elevator controls: "Me Push Button" was frequently expressed as I recalled. Whenever I see little kids battle over who gets to push the buttons on the elevator, I will often say something to the parents like "I take it they are the 'Me Push Button' type." They always seem to know what I mean.

Another possibility is that ElectroCute is the avatar for the old Spy Smasher comic book character, with spies coming into her presence getting their just desserts, and I'm not talking about Chocolate Cake. ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spy_Smasher )
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, Dreamer

More
23 Apr 2024 03:04 #3473 by Amethyst
I'll admit that there was a lot of Looney Toons and Tiny Toons inspiration with Felicia, and I made several obvious nods to it. And Domo and I talked about some jokes from the original fanfic version of Tink when I was originally fleshing her out too. Quirky behavior and wacky hijinks are just sort of part of her character at this point.

*big hugs*

Amethyst
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

More
23 Apr 2024 04:11 #3474 by Rosalie Redd
With all the electricity she generates, I'm half-convinced she's given herself accidental Electro-convulsive therapy on more than one occasion. At any rate, how her energy production affects her neuro-electrical system is a conundrum.

More
23 Apr 2024 16:21 #3475 by mhalpern
so how did Tabitha end up born with GSE unless that's similar to Mom's base form or how she made herself a cat girl for much of the pregnancy and that effected her.

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
23 Apr 2024 18:46 #3476 by Rosalie Redd

so how did Tabitha end up born with GSE unless that's similar to Mom's base form or how she made herself a cat girl for much of the pregnancy and that effected her.

Being born with mutation is rare, but not unheard of. Sapphire was born a snake-girl, and mutated to a more human form.

More
23 Apr 2024 19:19 #3477 by mhalpern

Being born with mutation is rare, but not unheard of. Sapphire was born a snake-girl, and mutated to a more human form.

Sapphire and her sisters inherited their mother's GSE, so i figured that had more to do with how they were born or rather hatched.

Micro scenes and bad ideas are freely adoptable

More
23 Apr 2024 19:22 #3478 by Amethyst

With all the electricity she generates, I'm half-convinced she's given herself accidental Electro-convulsive therapy on more than one occasion. At any rate, how her energy production affects her neuro-electrical system is a conundrum.

Yeah, that's one of many things that will be explored in the next installment before Felicia makes her way to Whateley.

More
23 Apr 2024 19:27 #3479 by Amethyst

Sapphire and her sisters inherited their mother's GSE, so i figured that had more to do with how they were born or rather hatched.

Tabitha didn't inherit her mother's GSD. Barracuda only has two forms, and neither is feline, though her eyes are similar, if a different color, in her mermaid form. Tabitha was born manifested, which rarely happens, but she has yet to display any real powers beyond perhaps being a low-level exemplar, at least that we've seen.

More
25 Apr 2024 03:11 #3480 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

ElectroCute 2: 2 Cute, 2 Furry-ous comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, mhalpern, Amethyst

More
25 Apr 2024 03:47 - 25 Apr 2024 03:47 #3481 by Amethyst

SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

ElectroCute 2: 2 Cute, 2 Furry-ous comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thanks as always for the commentary, Dreamer. I'm glad that you're feeling better and that this was a fun read for you. The catnip reaction will be mentioned in at least one future story, so no, she won't live it down. I planned from the beginning to make Felicia's testing completely wacky, and those looney toons moments were fun to write. I decided to write it from a third person PoV just to have readers wonder if she really was on to him, intentionally messing with him, or just a magnet for wacky hijinks. When I decided to do that, I thought it would be hilarious if her tester were a spy and she managed to break him unintentionally just by being herself, so Dr. Zhang was born.

As for the Imp, I'm considering having Felicia want to take Art when she gets to Whateley, scenes with her and Imp would be really fun to write, and I already have some general wackiness planned for when she arrives at the school. As for Felicia's sister, I did drop sone small hints to her existence in Short Tales, but nothing that hinted at her having GSD as well. There was a phone call with Barracuda telling someone that she would be home late and loved them and Fallen did say when she killed Felicia's father that he was as responsible for her mutant genes as her mother while she was metaphorically twisting the knife.

The next installment will have Felicia settling in with her family, getting used to her new situation, and the events that will lead to her going to Whateley. It'll be a fun ride.

*big hugs*

Amethyst
Last edit: 25 Apr 2024 03:47 by Amethyst.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds