New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Stories about the Original Timeline (which runs from Fall 2006 to Spring 2010) can be found here. Also in the OT are those stories that are outside the main time frame set for them but whose protagonists are part of the student body during this time.

Silver and Cold by ElrodW

More
06 Feb 2024 01:00 #3361 by DanZilla
Silver and Cold can be found in the Gen 1 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation.

Silver and Cold
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2024 03:16 #3364 by DanZilla
Replied by DanZilla on topic Silver and Cold by ElrodW
If you read this right away I wanted to inform you that a version of this story with updated sections 1 and 4 was not provided to me in time for the initial posting but is now in place... so if you'd like please re-read those sections for the correct experience.

More
06 Feb 2024 03:38 #3365 by Dreamer
Replied by Dreamer on topic Silver and Cold by ElrodW
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Silver and Cold comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
06 Feb 2024 07:25 - 06 Feb 2024 07:38 #3366 by Crazy Minh
Ahhh I haven't been round these parts for many, many years. I have been summoned however!

(In case we have anyone who has somehow not heard of me, hi, I'm Minh, I've been squatting in the community like some sort of mangy Australian hobo clown for, like, eight years this year. I've been active on the Discord since about 2021, which is why I've been absent for a spell. Also I'm she/her now for any olbies who didn't move to the Discord. I'd like to thank Whateley for being one of the contributors to cracking my egg, but I'm about six years late to that thanks, I cracked back in 2018 and just hid in the closet for four years. It was a whole thing.)

I'd like to thank Elrod for giving me the chance to work with him on a canon story. I mean, I didn't do that much, just added some authentic Down Under flavouring, but it was certainly a fantastic opportunity that I'm grateful I had the chance to have.

If you have any issues with how Robbie was written, it was my fault, not Elrod's. Well, like, 90% my fault. Anyway, the forums seem to have not liked my message, so if there are bits missing, shoot the forums, not me. The messanger is to blame here.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2024 07:38 by Crazy Minh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
06 Feb 2024 20:19 #3367 by ElrodW
Replied by ElrodW on topic Silver and Cold by ElrodW
Note on Dreamer's note. What Nikki says, Wopila tanka, is Lakota for "Thank you". Learning a simple courtesy from Kayda in the Lakota language is a demonstrable step of showing she's not the arrogant queen that Aunghadhail was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
06 Feb 2024 20:33 #3368 by Dreamer
Replied by Dreamer on topic Silver and Cold by ElrodW
Ah, thank you, learned something new now.

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
07 Feb 2024 14:26 #3369 by gpoetx
Replied by gpoetx on topic Silver and Cold by ElrodW
I love all the writers that write in the Whateley Universe, but when I see one of my favorite two writers back with a new story, everything must stop what I am doing and must be consumed immediately. Excellent story by Elrod, nice to see some continuation to not only Elle but also seeing a little of the old crew again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds