New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× Stories about the Original Timeline (which runs from Fall 2006 to Spring 2010) can be found here. Also in the OT are those stories that are outside the main time frame set for them but whose protagonists are part of the student body during this time.

Aftermath: A Just Me Vignette by Domoviye

More
03 Oct 2023 00:00 #3082 by DanZilla
Aftermath: A Just Me Vignette can be found in the Gen 1 section or by using the link below... and please remember our authors are doing this for the response they get... please leave comments where you can for appreciated stories or if you have anything to bring to the conversation of written word and readers.

Aftermath: A Just Me Vignette
The following user(s) said Thank You: null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye, Mister D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2023 01:15 #3085 by Dreamer
SPOILER ALERT
Below is a stream of conscious commentary I type up as I read the story. There will be details from the story included in it. If you have not read the story yet and don't wish to have details of it spoiled, read no further.

Aftermath: A Just Me Vignette comments
Warning: Spoiler!

Thank You for the story comments appreciated and help me know they are being read and liked. :-) Note: My story comments can't nor are trying to replace reading the stories, simply my way of enjoying them and letting the authors know I enjoy them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, null0trooper, Dan Formerly Domoviye

More
03 Oct 2023 01:58 - 03 Oct 2023 15:23 #3086 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Thank you Dreamer. It's always a pleasure to see what you think.
Warning: Spoiler!

Thanks as always for the commentary. It was a joy to read.
Last edit: 03 Oct 2023 15:23 by Dan Formerly Domoviye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DanZilla, Dreamer

More
03 Oct 2023 02:44 #3087 by null0trooper

Crystal Hall
Suppertime,
Monday, November 26th, 2007

Why is Jane in such rough shape, she is worse off than yesterday. All those foods, does Jane have severe iron anemia right now? Jane, stop being stubborn, you need to go to Doyle now before your condition gets worse.

One thing that doesn't top internet searches on "anemia" is that a routine CBC (complete blood count) blood test can tell a doctor a lot about the cause. Iron deficiency and B12 deficiency cause changes to red blood cell size and color.

Not enough RBCs, but they are normal cells paired with acute symptoms? A doctor would first be looking for where the blood's leaking out, and asking why. (Acute blood loss is one of the few fixable causes)

"Stepping Out": Story link .

Story Discussion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dan Formerly Domoviye, Dreamer

More
03 Oct 2023 02:48 #3088 by Dan Formerly Domoviye
Exactly.
That's how Dr. Tenent learned Jane had blood pooling up in parts of her body and intestines.

Jane was hoping her brute force healing plus a bit of magical healing she got after killing Fusco and his men, would be enough to keep her alive. She knew she was bleeding internally and tried to counteract it with food that was high in iron, but it was not a long term solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreamer

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds