New? Arriving? (09 Aug 2021)

Required Reading:

If it is stickied, it is stickied for a reason. Please read it.

× This is the Policy, News, and Announcements section. Only Staff and Canon authors can post here. If you have something that needs to be added to this section, please contact someone with authorization... anything that impacts the community is welcome, but as this section will be 'required reading' because it will have policy info posted; there is a need to keep the number of posts limited.

A reminder

More
25 Feb 2024 21:57 #3392 by Kristin Darken
A reminder was created by Kristin Darken
Just a little reminder... we understand that sometimes people aren't going to like a story. Not everything is written for every member of our audience and some issues hit a little more personally than others. You're welcome to share your feedback with us when that's the case. However, feedback is targeted at the story. The issues. The effectiveness of the plot. The believability of the characters. The mechanics of the work. It does not, ever, involve attacks on the author. I won't go into the history of this community to explain WHY that's a bigger issue here than it might be otherwise; but I will say that there's a reason that doing so is a part of the site policies.

Just don't. If you don't like an author's work, just don't read it. If you don't think the WAU should go the way we write it, then you have the option to go elsewhere. If you feel that it's your personal responsibility to make an author quit writing... or living... we don't want you here. If you're attacking an author and I warn you not to; and you don't quit? That's one of the very few ways that will get you banned.

If this all seems like a reach? Surprised that someone did it? Well... clearly it still happens. Otherwise, I wouldn't need to post this reminder.

Fate guard you, and may the Light brighten your Way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds